Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started two nucs two weeks ago, both the same everything. I even placed them on one pallet just facing difrent directions. One hive the bees are busy collecting pollen every bees returning is loaded. the other hive the bees are coming and going but none or next to no pollen on them.

Is there something wrong? both were started from 4 frame nucs both have new queens. Both are being fed sugar water both seem to be useing the sugar water in the same amount.

should I be worried? or just wait and see. this is my second year first year I only had one hive so I could not compair to anything.

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just wait. I think that sometimes we can over think things. Just because you dont see them coming in with anything doesnt mean that they are coming back empty. They maybe returning with nectar, while the other is mainly foraging for pollen. The bees know what they need, so let them be for a while and see how it goes. Sometimes the best thing we can do is nothing. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
need advice fast,tonight i split a verry strong sworm hive i cot into two nucs.was only planning on one,but there going gangbusters on new comb and honey.thers a full 9 frames coverd in bees,with a queen excl and honey med super.my question is i moved the nucs 3 mi away but there next to each other,am going to introduce queens tomorow,after i pikum up,nucs are made up of 2 fr of fresh comb and honey,completly coverd with bees and 1 empty fresh drawn frame and a div board fedr.ive put the feder inside because of the high winds lattly,and robbing that my main hive has exp lattly.DID I DO THIS RITE,or do i need to rethink this split.:popcorn:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts