Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after the toughest winter since 1993 in these parts I ended up with 6 DBL NUCS
one I have by the house to transfer over to a TBH :D
I have 9 DBL. deeps .

I lost 10 this past winter but the ones that are left are healthy and growing . I have been feeding for a little over a week and they are sucking it down. Building my numbers for the flow . So glad it's spring.:applause:
It's going to bee a great year .

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I see you are using a chicken watering gadget similar to ours. When I first put it out, lots of bees started drowning in the rim of syrup. I filled the rim with coarse gravel from the ground it's sitting on. They sucked it empty (3 gallons) in a day. I haven't been feeding them since, plenty of open nectar in the combs, so they are bringing it in from somewhere.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Glock have you had time to figure out what happen to the majority of the loss hives , I know you treated for mites from your other posts , I'd be interested in what you have found , I'm not far from you and have pretty much the same weather you do .

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
What I really want to know is what kind of Glock you are. 19, 20, 26, 34? Perhaps a 21, 30, 36, or 41?

By the way, I'm glad you have those two statues on your hives, and I'm glad that I don't. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts