Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

2101 - 2105 of 2105 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
that makes a 100% loss of two yards having 12 hives each starting last year about this time and ending last week. efb sucks.

unfortunately fusion_power's gifted hive caught efb from the one mentioned above and had to be burned as well. i'm truly sorry about that dar.
This is painful to read, squarepeg. I am truly sorry for your troubles, and do hope that your current colonies serve as a stable basis for your rebuilding efforts.

It is sobering to see how everyone (and almost everything) has been impacted by this pandemic. I do hope you are able to get your business successfully re-engaged.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi SP. I hope you are all well and your bees are stronger for the pandemic they have been through. I miss your updates.... All the best!

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,103
received this via pm today:

Hi square, I am glad to see you are still posting. I've been concerned about the folks down there getting deluged. Not to mention current health concerns. I hope you are all well and still have bees to play with and rebuild from! You also deserve a big thank you for keeping our posts and community civil!
Wishing you the best.
to which i replied:

squarepeg said:
nice to hear from you!

thankfully all is well with me and family, and i hope the same is true for you and yours.

i was left with 2 out of 28 colonies after efb wiped me out. a friend donated a third colony last fall. from those three i made splits and now have 10 colonies.

the pandemic did result in me having to focus all attention on my business, and so the splits have been pretty much been left to fend for themselves. i make the rounds from time to and make sure the entrance activity appears normal and that i don't see robbing ect.

many thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Squarepeg:

Glad to see your post tonight and to hear that your rebuilding effort is progressing in earnest.

I sincerely hope that your day job is also returning to some normalcy and I wish you all the best of success in your Winter preps.

Russ

·
Registered
11,106 Posts
Funny you posted, the thought ran through my head today i wonder how SP is doing, I was going to look you up and post, then i go to Beesource and the thread is running again.

Wow I didn't realise you ended up losing all but 2. You have done very well building that back up to 10.

What's happening with the other beekeepers near you, are they sorting themselves out EFB wise?

2101 - 2105 of 2105 Posts