Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a secondhand wax separator (CooknBeals) with model no 3320. It is an old model which has done a lot of work. Today, I just discovered that the water mist spray nozzle does not operate properly. There is no mist to the blades, only dripping water comes out from the nozzle. What is the problem? How can I fix it? Can this machine operate without water? Many thanks for all your help in advance.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
It depends partly on the moisture of the honey being harvested. We have run ours with and without the mister and we seem to run 1% melter honey either way. I'd sure turn off the water and see how it goes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. What is the expected consistency and texture of the wax cappings from the wax separator with and without water? Our heat exchange delivers the honey wax mix at temperature of 35°C. We tried to call CooknBeals at 308-745-0154 from Brisbane Australia, it says that the number is not correct. We got the number from their webpage. Does anyone know if the number has been changed? Many thanks.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Thank you. What is the expected consistency and texture of the wax cappings from the wax separator with and without water? Our heat exchange delivers the honey wax mix at temperature of 35°C. We tried to call CooknBeals at 308-745-0154 from Brisbane Australia, it says that the number is not correct. We got the number from their webpage. Does anyone know if the number has been changed? Many thanks.
Thats the number I reach them at, you must have called at the wrong time.
There isnt much difference in the consistency and texture of the cappings with or without using the mister, except a noticeable dampness when using water. With mine I ran the water line through a solenoid switch from an ice maker wired to open up when the sump pump kicks on to minimize water usage to keep the melter honey dryer. Did that for a few years and it greatly helped then one day the cappings seemed a bit dryer and we realized that the switch valve was no longer opening. After a few days running like that it appeared there wasn't a marked difference in melter honey ratio so we just left it alone. We are just finishing up the second full year of operation using no water and I'm not really seeing a reason to change back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts