Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry:

Anyone have any tips on how to get the stuff out of a cotton shirt?

My wife said to soak it in hot water...That doesn't seem to have worked.

:doh::doh::doh:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
What kind of wood glue? The waterproof kinds are pretty permanent, almost nothing will remove them that won't also remove the shirt. I have several stains from various waterproof wood glues on several pairs of pants and several shirts, too. Some are many years old - I don't expect they will ever leave or be removable.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tite bond. :pinch:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Lesson learned. Wear old shirts.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have a couple of 'Titebond' decorated shirts! They are now either shop shirts or rags. That stuff is pretty much there to stay - sorry. Small, superficial patches can sometimes be 'picked' off.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Two words: shop coveralls.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The water thing was right, but the temperature was wrong... not just hot water... either boil them for several hours, or put them in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes @ 15 lbs.. Since it's cotton, odds are they will be about 3 sizes smaller when they come out, but at least the glue will be gone.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Half of my side of the closet is full of work shirts. Two night ago was wearing good cloths after church and told wife I was going down to honey house for a second and check something. She told me " dont get you good clothes dirty". Wel guess what? Bumped up against a stack of supers that still had a wet spot that we painted a few days ago. Have this wonderufl bright green mark on my pants. Went over to sink to try and clean it up, the towel I grabed had grease on it that I did not see till I started to clean the paint. So I returned home with a green greasy spot. I now have some pretty snazzy new " duckhead" work pants. Wife told me so.....:no:

·
Registered
97 Posts
You can allways tell a happy woodworker by the amount of glue on their clothes, and a happy beek by the beeswax and propolis under the nails.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts