Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have room for six loads in Central South Dakota. The past two years in a row have been great and we aren't expecting a bumper crop this year but we are open to taking on some leased bees. We've had our locations since ‘75 and our family started running bees in Florida since the late 40s.

We are also open to different arrangements if you would like to do the bee work and we extract or even bumping up the yards to just sit for the summer and not focus on honey production. As always, you're more than welcome to come and do whatever work you see fit. We all know how important it is to get that early fall treatment and to keep an eye on our babies.

Call or text
Eric Low
(386) 249-5938

If I don't answer please leave a message.

·
Registered
Burlington, MA. Langs
626 Posts
Is that a thing?
You lease bees and do all the work yourself?
What is the price on that?
Not sure I would want someone playing with my bees because if you screw up I'm out my bees. That is why I'm confused I guess

Since you are new you might want to put in an introduction on that section so people know who you are

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an extremely common practice. Not everyone has prime honey making locations in the Dakotas. South Dakota being even more advantageous due to the registered locations making it illegal for other beekeepers to set out yards within 2 miles of one of your registered locations.

The going rate for a years was a 50-50 honey split. That would be us doing all the supering, honey pulling and extracting. Anymore, we're open to doing different approaches such as doing just the extracting or allowing larger pollinators to sit on some of our locations for the summer to avoid having to feed.
BDDA0BB9-2C5D-4F23-B177-FCE64BDC1F6A.jpeg

·
Registered
828 Posts
Is that a thing?
Not sure I would want someone playing with my bees because if you screw up I'm out my bees. That is why I'm confused I guess

Since you are new you might want to put in an introduction on that section so people know who you are
Is that a thing?

I am surprised you did not know beekeepers do this. many commercial beekeepers will run this way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts