Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from a pest control company a couple of states away, wanted to know if I could remove some bees and a chicken feeder from in front of a wallyworld store on the other side of town. I was game and the pay was pretty good to boot.
Some nice folks had filled a chicken waterer with sugar syrup and put sponges in it so the bee would not drown and sat it out front of a wallyworld. The pest control folks sent me a couple of pics before we left, and this gave me a game plan.

Thought they might all be dead, unscrewed the jug and they were not. Just full of syrup and hot, so many bees inside of the jug they could not find their way back out.
Automotive tire Road surface Wood Asphalt Wall

Set them in a five gallon bucket...........
Shoe Toilet seat Toilet Recipe Ingredient

Popped on the lid and drove away.
Wood Floor Flooring T-shirt Grass

Drove down the road about two miles, pulled into a chicken wings joint to eat supper and let the bees go. By the time we finished eating there was not a single bee in sight.

Not sure if these were nice folks or somebody trying to make a bee bomb :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
491 Posts
I can understand a chicken waterer in front of a Tractor Supply but not in front of a Walmart. They probably went to the Tractor Supply or a feed store and got it. I guess they were trying to run a sting operation. Are you sure you didn't do it?
Anyway you got some chicken wings for supper. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Who ever it was knew enough to put sponges in so the bees wouldn't drown. Maybe it is like the people up here who think that deer in the winter have no water source so they provide one. Unfortunately their kindness often ends up with dead deer on the road. Maybe they were feeding bees that they saw gathering there for some purpose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts