Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw that someone else on the forum had posted a question on mason bees, and I thought maybe the forum would be a good way to reach others who are using solitary bee houses in their gardens. I live in Tennessee and am working on an article on this topic for our state's conservation magazine. Although I have built and put out a variety of solitary bee houses over the last 3 years, I need to reach other Tennessee residents who are doing the same thing. There are so many creative ways to build these houses that I would like to get photographs for the article. In addition, it is helpful to learn practical points from other experiences.

Thanks!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi, that's great that you're writing an article on this! You might want to post this in the "alternative pollinators" forum on this site too, so more people who are specifically interested in these bees will see it. Just go to the main forums page and scroll down until you find "Alternative Pollinators." Also, I'm pretty sure there is a forum for Tennessee people somewhere on this site, too. I hope this helps! I make mason bee houses from old Japanese Knotweed stalks, but I don't live in Tennessee. Good luck with your article--if you can, please post a link to it here after it's published so we can see it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, that's great that you're writing an article on this! You might want to post this in the "alternative pollinators" forum on this site too, so more people who are specifically interested in these bees will see it. Just go to the main forums page and scroll down until you find "Alternative Pollinators." Also, I'm pretty sure there is a forum for Tennessee people somewhere on this site, too. I hope this helps! I make mason bee houses from old Japanese Knotweed stalks, but I don't live in Tennessee. Good luck with your article--if you can, please post a link to it here after it's published so we can see it.
Thank you so much for your help. I have had quite a bit of trouble locating other persons interested in helping solitary bees so I especially appreciate your advice.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,108 Posts
I recieved one of these as a gift:
http://www.isabees.com/products_0_FS.html

And it has been on my porch ever since. I see a wide variety of bees working it from tiny little sweat bees up to leaf cutter bees. You could make one pretty easily with a variety of drill bits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts