Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Do you still have your bees?"

And I nod yes. I am fully expecting the shameless plug for a jar of honey. Nope, she says "I saw one of your bees on my mailbox."

Speechless for a moment, :doh: I asked if the street lights were on, cause my girls are expected to be home by dark.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I've learned to keep a picture on my phone. When someone ask "How do you know which bees are yours" I say. It's easy. I tattoo them at 2 days old. If you see an HB brand on a bee call up ole Hambone. I'll come down and get'em.

·
Registered
206 Posts
OMG Hambone that is too funny! You'll have to tell us where you get that tattoo kit. :) I'm gonna bet there are some people who would actually believe you.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
As Popeye would say "ak ak ak ak ak". Just yesterday, I was on my deck out back. Heard the neighbors in their pool. One said, "Hey, we got a bee problem."
Guess bees like to do full gainers.:D Great pic. Maybe I can say they're Hicks Bees. :D
rick from SoMd

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Hey Hambone...I saw a bunch of bees with that exact tattoo yesterday up here. Would you please come get them. Oh...the temp is getting into the mid 80's with no humidity during the day and into the low 50's at night. What was the temp down in Texas yesterday?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what I'd give for either low 50's or even 50% humidity...
I'll have to look on craigslist for those tattoo kits...great idea

·
Registered
274 Posts
I guess i am lucky. When my neighbors say "I saw your bees in my garden" They are really excited and pleased. Lets hear it for gardeners and retired farmers!! :applause:
Meridith

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rick- LOL, I teach high school, so I get ADD by association. :eek:t:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I guess i am lucky. When my neighbors say "I saw your bees in my garden" They are really excited and pleased. Lets hear it for gardeners and retired farmers!! :applause:
Meridith
LOL.... It is great. I have retired farmers in front of me and on the left of me and a set of old hippies to the right. They all love them. I do have one couple on the corner property down the road that told me my bees were making a nest in the side of their house so I went over and looked with them. THEY WERE WASP of course.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts