Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have managed a property for almost 2 years that was most recently a swap meet but was just shut down and is now being developed into residences. Kinda sad because the building is really pretty cool.... it has two secret walk in vaults, secret rooms, etc. etc. Anyway, in all my years of managing property I have never run across a building like this. It was clearly a processing/manufacturing plant at some point but I always felt the building was purpose built for something unique.

So awhile back I was inspecting the parking lot when I noticed this:

IMG_3064.jpg

What are the chances? I was so excited that I did a bit more research and came up with some interesting (probably only to me) info on the site that I will share on this thread.

Not sure why but while I was researching the site I kinda became protective over the plaque and came up with an idea. Since developments sometimes require the inclusion of a public art project or historic/cultural interpretation, I mentioned to the owner that he should save the plaque and include it somehow in the new project. He is onboard and is figuring out a way to include it in the project!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'd be searching for more secret rooms and stored treasures.
I bought a metal shop back in PA in the 70's
it had a store room stuffed with trash, in the back of the pile
which took over a week to get to, from all that scrap metal
there was a large safe, locked.
I was lucky lets say very lucky. say $$$ cash silver lucky.
search high and low, stay quiet as to what you find.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
There's a pack-rat at the hospital who has found all sorts of goodies and kept them.
The original building was a house which was incorporated into the new building which eventually grew to be ginormous.
At some point they had to demo the house inside the building.
The pack-rat found the civil-war era gold coin stash in the fireplace.
Later he got all the silver cash from when they recycled all the x-rays.
Then he got the cobalt blue marbles from the cobalt radiation machine.
One of those marbles is very pricey. That old guy has collected up an unGodly hoard.
Careful or it will swallow you up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I found a gleenings in beeculture dated 1915 showing there idago falls factory. I don't know how to add a link. I just Google superior honey Idaho falls

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
In the '70s we had a Superior Lifetime 8 frame tan genital extractor and bought parts from Phoenix Arizona. Maybe the same company?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts