Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased some muth bottles to bottle some of my honey for gifts. When I was telling my friend about it he thought I was pronouncing muth wrong. I was saying it with a short u sound like the u in us(I can't think of a word that rhymes with muth the way I pronounce it)
He thought it was a long u sound like the name Ruth. I like his pronunciation better but I would like to know what others think about it.

I would like to be able to say it with some confidence that I am pronouncing it correctly when I give them away and sell some also.

Thanks in advance,

John

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Long U sound. Moooth, not Mutt, with a lisp.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I've heard it pronounced as if it rhymed with "tooth" but I've heard people with that name pronounce it "Mewth" as if it rhymed with "youth." That's how I always pronounced it. The German pronunciation sounds closer to "Moot."

Wayne

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
It was a mans name in Toledo Ohio, might have been early 1900's.
Can't remember his nationality, knowing that would give you the correct pronunciation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm pretty sure I won't pronounce it like I originally did with short u sound anymore.

I cleaned my bottles yesterday so maybe this morning I can fill some of them. Actually I only have 2 dozen of them so if I can get started I can fill them all. If I get to it I will post a picture.

John

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
You will need more. I sold 2 dozen in the first week of showing them to friends and family. In the end I sold nearly 6 dozen of them and never marketed them other than word of mouth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts