Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a beginner beekeeper, and I use the term beekeeper loosely, as I'm yet to establish a hive. But I've been doing alotta reading and youtubing getting ready for it. I actually had a hive about 15 years ago, but they left me hi and dri. Then my wife and I started having children, and I just didn't have time for the bees. Now my youngest (luke 11) has shown some interest in bees, and that's all I needed to try it again!

I just finished building a hive(2 supers) and finished 21 frames..foundation is in the mail along with Luke's bee hat! I can't wait for someone to call me about a swarm. I've been telling everyone that's I'd be happy to take care of any swarms for them....time will tell..I hope I have everything I'll need in the truck

I'm from Mississippi..anyone else nearby?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome! I too love this site! Tons and tons of info, stories, and a sense of community...it's nice to know you're not the only one around with the bee-fever. Made some friends here! Good luck and good beekeeping!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
msbeekeeper, i see you're at CAFB..I talk to CAFB pilots all the time. I'm an air traffic controller at Greenwood Airport

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yup Im here at the base, if your ever over here let me know and ill take you to the simulators. That is were I work. Maybe if I ever get my PPl Ill flyover there, Ive been entertaining that idea for a year now, just not sure it will be worth it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
might just take you up on that......and I'd like to see your bees too....I take my son to a few MSU ballgames each year....might plan on coming one weekend earlier and head on west to C'bus.....thanks for the invite...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah just let me know, I love taking people to the sims to see their reaction. Very life like, I went up in a T-6 and got to fly it and it felt just like the sim. Just let me know for real and Ill bring you any time! Oh and of course the bee yard!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts