Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started looking into getting a snow plow for my truck, but quickly realized there are a lot of choices out there. I'd like to get a used one. Anyone have experience in matching blade design/style to trucks? I've done plenty of plowing over the years, but never had to buy one.

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Talk about advertisements! I'll see if I can stand waiting for all of them to load.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Plowing for hire or just your own drive? What do you have for a truck?

I like sno-way and they make plows for about any size truck.

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking about plowing for hire. I have a 2010 Ford SD F350 that has the plow package on it from the factory (heavier front, cooler, etc.). How do you figure blade size? I figure if I already have the truck for it, I might as well make some money using it. Which blade do you have? Contractors?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Hey I am on Lawnsite...Plowsite is apart of it. Very valuable. If you want get opinions on plows or learn the ups and downs of it I would highly recommend joining.
Mike

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You get snow down there?!! I don't know, the advertising is over the top on that site.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I'm thinking about plowing for hire. I have a 2010 Ford SD F350 that has the plow package on it from the factory (heavier front, cooler, etc.). How do you figure blade size? I figure if I already have the truck for it, I might as well make some money using it. Which blade do you have? Contractors?
I would not use a newer sno-way for plowing for hire. Mine is a 1989 8 ft. only gets used to plow the driveway and it is mounted on a tractor. They are plastic now days.

For an f-350 I would look at anything in the 8 ft range. I don't plow for hire anymore because of gas prices, but have used a dodge 2500, ford f250 and an f350 for plowing... Lifespan of a plow truck is only about 2 seasons here in the northeast. Drive train takes a beating as does the suspension. The dodge I had to put 5 transmissions in in two years... that was why I switched to the fords.

As far as used plows go see what you can find and then just buy the frame mount for the truck new from the dealer. I recommend quick attach.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
You get snow down there?!! I don't know, the advertising is over the top on that site.
NO NO NO. Plowsite is a subsite of Lawnsite. I am a member of Lawnsite. Yes the advertising is crazy there. NOW DONT GET ANY IDEAS BARRY :no:
They even sell Business memberships (d coates is a vender on there)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts