Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday's inspection revealed the little devils are in my hive. I'll put my ipk bottom board with the oil trap on today. Since I lost my last hive to them I want to treat the ground too. Is there anything I can pick up at lowes today that will kill the larve without harming the bees?

·
Registered
378 Posts
A chicken, turtle, or bug snack lovin creature..... will do it for ya

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yesterday's inspection revealed the little devils are in my hive. I'll put my ipk bottom board with the oil trap on today. Since I lost my last hive to them I want to treat the ground too. Is there anything I can pick up at lowes today that will kill the larve without harming the bees?
I can appreciate you wanting to fight the devils everywhere, but the real war is IN the hive not outside it. If they make it to trying to get to the ground you've already lost the war and are simply helping other hives or beekeepers (nothing wrong with that), but let's fight the battle where it will do you the most good INSIDE. Strong populations, limit the area they have to protect. With SHBs we now have a balancing act between not enough room and they start swarm prep and too much room and the beetles take over. Direct sun is supposed to help. I like the CD cases with the borax bait in them (do a search for the specific recipe).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts