Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, I'm in a position where I have to get out of beekeeping. I'll be moving soon and I can't take any of it with me. All the equipment is around 5 years old or less. I took somewhat of an inventory and posted a picture of it along with what the price would be if you bought new (for comparison only). The prices came from the websites where I originally purchased the equipment. There's several things I couldn't give an accurate price for due to it being homemade. There's also probably quite a few smaller things I forgot to account for and there's also a few items that aren't pictured because either they have bees in them at the yard, or I just forgot to bring it to the shop.
Around 20% of the woodenware I would say is unused. Now when I say unused, I mean it never left the shop. It may or may not have been assembled, but It never left the shop and exposed to the weather.

There is some equipment not pictured that is currently in the yard with bees in it. To be very clear, I'm not selling the bees. There is no price for the bees. The bees are FREE and they go to whoever buys the equipment. This is why there are no bees on the inventory list. I haven't had the time to take care of them, so they are in somewhat poor condition considering the time of year. The last time I went to do anything with them was like mid September to remove the Apivar strips. If you MUST know about the bees, there's maybe 8 singles and 6 nucs. If you purchase them, your more than welcome to just shake them out on the ground before loading up the equipment, otherwise they are going to stay as they are.

I have no desire to sell anything separately at this moment. For now, its all or none.

I'm asking $10,000 obo. I'll try my best to answer questions in my email in the order they are received. ABSOLUTELY NO HOLDS! The first person that puts cash in my hand gets it. Your welcome to schedule a time to come look at everything, but be aware that cash in hand overrides a scheduled visit. I am willing to help transport the equipment on a weekend. I won't deliver it to your door step, but maybe meet half way or 6 hour drive at most. All the equipment should fit on the trailer, so you wouldn't have to bring one with you.

[email protected]
Located in El Dorado, AR 71730

Attachments

·
Registered
Zone 8b
649 Posts
I'm sorry you have to retire from bee keeping. I wish you the best of luck and a good return on your gear.
This is a big part of my operation, buying and selling second hand gear, so I have seen this play out over and over.
I'd like to help you come out on the better end of your deal, you are too far for my reach so I'm not trying to soften you up.
In order for you to get the most out of your gear, you are going to have to sell the big ticket items separately for what ever you can get. (offer delivery) you will be doing superbly if you are able to get a 75% return on that.

The wooden ware will sell for about .10 on the dollar.
I'm telling you now, don't wait to split it up til you are out of time and have to dump it.
Even if your equipment is unused you are not going to get that kind of return.
When it gets to the end and you are ready to light the stuff on fire someone like me will come along sweep it up for a song, otherwise.
I sincerely hope you get lucky and find someone with a pocket full of cash and a shorter fuse than yours.

Backyard Beeks cant afford or use the extraction gear and it's too many boxes.
And It's highly unlikely a beginner would take that big of a bite. (They haven't fully gotten the disease yet)

Sideliners won't buy the lot because they only need a portion of it.
(for instance, I'd be waiving a handfull of benjamins at you for the bottling tank)
But at that price Im going to have to see it work, but I'll also need you to throw in the lift AND deliver them, and have a money back guarantee...... :^)
Most sideliners would say "I can buy it new for less on Black Friday and get free shipping"
The successful sideliner cant afford to pay full price for anything, the margins are so small and the risks are extreme.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.