Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all has a significant other that is a partner in there beekeeping endeavor?
I got another ultra breeze for Christmas and my wife feels safe in the ultra breeze so she said she will help me this year .
That will be great I never had help in the bee year yet it sure will make things a lot easier .
If it's like every thing else she'll out do me and I'll have the best bees ever.;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I wish my husband would! He has no interest in any of my hobbies though, and beekeeping is no different, so far anyway. I think he might become interested just because of the woodworking. He likes to build things. Time will tell!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I wanted to add that I might prefer it that way, because when he encroaches too closely on my territory, he tries to micromanage me and I don't like that lol.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I did last season. We bicker a lot, but it's in good fun (except when I dropped a frame on him).

We will see about this year - husband had a systemic reaction to a dead bee in December.

Glad to hear your SO is getting into bees.

·
Registered
590 Posts
:shhhh:
I love my wife & all but I am glad she has no interest in bees.
It's my escape.
If she was under my heels all the time I think I would have to find something else to do. LOL

·
Registered
763 Posts
My wife has gotten hooked, and she helps me quite often. I'm not bad when it comes to finding queens, but her ability to find them blows mine out of the water! She is going to catch swarms this year. Now, I will have her catching swarms while I am doing my day job! :D I think I did good! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got my wife an UltraBreeze suit and now her confidence is so high she is only using a veil. It is really helpful to have another pair of hands (pretty ones at that) in the bee yard. :)

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
My wife supports pretty much everything I do. She does help out every once in a while. She likes to watch inspections and take pics. She is MY queen bee. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

get-attachment-1.aspx.jpeg

Pretty as all get out isn't she? The bee suit doesn't do her justice. lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
My wife and I work together on our beekeeping,hobby?? I guess it is a hobby since we are still in the red.
She claims I micromanage her so I guess we will be making a split:) Her colonies and mine!
Its all fun.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Parts

My wife loves catching swarms but doesn't care for much else, but she will also help on cutouts if I ask, hoping she will like queen rearing.

Don

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I wanted to add that I might prefer it that way, because when he encroaches too closely on my territory, he tries to micromanage me and I don't like that lol.
Yeah, you have to be careful of what you wish for. :lookout:

The woodworking angle sounds like a plan, particularly if he buys the lumber. :lookout: :lookout:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Who all has a significant other that is a partner in there beekeeping endeavor?
I got another ultra breeze for Christmas and my wife feels safe in the ultra breeze so she said she will help me this year .
That will be great I never had help in the bee year yet it sure will make things a lot easier .
If it's like every thing else she'll out do me and I'll have the best bees ever.;)
She thinks keeping bees was HER idea. I let her keep thinking that.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My wife has gotten hooked, and she helps me quite often. I'm not bad when it comes to finding queens, but her ability to find them blows mine out of the water!
I wish I had her talent. It's amazing how 2 people can stare at the same frame, and one spots the queen in a few seconds, while the other cannot find the queen in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
703 Posts
From time to time she does. she helped feed the bees during build up one spring after I had surgery. I also let her graft eggs for queens once with 76/80 cells accepted, She's good.

·
Registered
387 Posts
My wife was helping but became allergic last year. She still goes with me on removals but that's just so there will be someone there in case of emergency. My daughter helps me now when she's out of school. She's not crazy about it but she likes the money she makes when helping me out in my bee removal and wildlife control business. I keep hoping she'll catch bee fever and take things over when I can no longer do it.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
My wife and daughters will help by cleaning things after a honey mess, er, harvest, or cutout, as long as there are no bees helping the cleaning. Can't beat that. They also sort of cheer me on and comfort me when I am stung. Sometimes.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts