Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did sign the partition, they really can't use that to do much except ask for money later. But on another note I just went through a soybean seed plant and got to the very end where they roll the seeds in chemical and paid particular attention the container that held the chemical. Tried to read as much of the label as I could, but ended up asking where the chemicals came from, of course the answer was several vendors, but the big one that came up first was Bayer.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I will not sign it until there is conclusive proof that the neonics are worse for bees that the pesticides they replaced. I don't expect farmers to go unprotected and they will use one or the other.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
to the people signing the partition, just remember this past year there was legislation passed at the federal level(can't remember the bill) that people were calling I think the Monsanto bill, that allows all those pesticides that will not be used in the EU, to be imported to the USA. you may get more than you expect.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I will not sign it until there is conclusive proof that the neonics are worse for bees that the pesticides they replaced. I don't expect farmers to go unprotected and they will use one or the other.
Nail on the head.

·
Registered
394 Posts
There is a reason Bayer/Monsanto is banned in most countries. There is a lot more going on here than some farmers having to learn how to grow crops without some chemicals. Bayer/Monsanto is putting out farmers that try to save their own seed it's tyranny and a monopoly. I signed.

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
Petitions. The useful equivalent of a referee in professional "Smack Down" wrestling.

I'm not signing diddle without some legitimate scientifically accepted repeatable proof written by a source who's not got an axe to grind right off the bat.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Cam, I think you are almost right.....in the context of banning a class of pesticides, I'm more interested in what they will be replaced with rather than what they replaced. If there was something that I thought was safer I would be all for it.
Deknow

·
Registered
491 Posts
There is a reason Bayer/Monsanto is banned in most countries. There is a lot more going on here than some farmers having to learn how to grow crops without some chemicals. Bayer/Monsanto is putting out farmers that try to save their own seed it's tyranny and a monopoly. I signed.
To be honest, although evidently the courts support it I'm not particularly a fan of Monsanto's business model when it comes to how it deals with farmers and its patented seed. I might sign some kind of petition saying I dislike how Monsanto does that kind of business.

But my problem with Monsanto isn't a reason for me to sign a petition against Bayer. They're not "Bayer/Monsanto", they're two different companies.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Cam, I think you are almost right.....in the context of banning a class of pesticides, I'm more interested in what they will be replaced with rather than what they replaced. If there was something that I thought was safer I would be all for it.
Deknow
I agree, but i'm afraid they will go back to broadcast spraying of organophosphates again [agree with Ian too].

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
When you click on the link to the petition, you're bought to a page with an image of a dead creature that appears to be a bumble bee. Are they more concerned about native pollinators, or is about honey bees? I thought the primary focus was honey bees..... perhaps they don't know the difference??? Perhaps this whole thing is just modern day example of windmills and ferocious giants??

Sorry, not signing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Petitions are great in idea. But those corporations make more than any of us and you cannot afford those politicians or lawyers. I myself cannot stand corporations. They are exactly whats wrong with America. As bad as I hate it the 40 acres idea is over. Get use to the bees dying as long as money can be put in someones pocket, not yours of course.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts