Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 5, side drawer Sundance pollen traps from Brushy Mountain last season. I purchased the side drawer traps because I run all my bees on 4-way pallets. Brushy's catalog specifically states the traps can be used on pallets. Alas, this is not correct. A fact confirmed by a phone call from Lloyd the manufacturer of the traps. I had sent a PM to Lloyd about how I can modify the traps to work with W clips. Sorry, no modification possible. But Lloyd did tell me that if I wanted, he would custom build me traps to work with W clips. There was one small stipulation though; I had to order a minimum of 24, and if I wanted more then that, it would have to be in multiples of 6. They would also have to be special ordered through Brushy and Brushy would have to set the price.

I fabricated bottom boards for a few hives last year to use the traps. I will acknowledge that they work exceptionally well. Kudos Lloyd on a well engineered piece of equipment. Lloyd even called me at home on a Sunday to talk to me and explain there was no modification possible. WOW! But the simple fact remains, I purchased these to use on pallets. I contacted Brushy and explained how their catalog stated use on pallets was possible and that it was incorrect, and about my telephone call with Lloyd. She was understanding and then put me into an upper managers voice mail. Haven't heard anything back since then.

If you run your bees on pallets, and want to trap pollen, look elsewhere for equipment.

Wisnewbee
Honey Luv Farm

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
make up a special pallet and be done with them. skip the clips and attach the trap to the base.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts