Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a newbie with one established hive and a new split, 1 month ago, I check on my girls several times a day, mainly because I little else to do. Anyway we have 2 pear trees that produce hard canning pears. Very few pears this year, so I decided to use some of them. I quarter 3 0r 4 of them, get a hammer and smash them to pulp. There is no juice, so then about a tablespoon of sugar to a cup of water, pour over the pears, put in a styrofoam carry out tray and feed my girls. Now, I remember as a kid 60 years ago, when I ate one it gave me the runs for about 2 days, hope does not do same for our girls. OK, so I'm not quiet all there. LOL

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have a dark side myself,,,I mix some 1:1 sugar water,, 2 drops lemon grass oil,,,2 drops wintergreen oil in a spray mister that holds bout a cup 1/4.
I have bees on my hummingbird feeders all the time. Soooo, I go out and spay them with the "joy juice". They love it:D they go back and tell all their sisters "they got high". When THEY get there it is all gone...and I just laugh:D

Then I spray them:eek:

Rick SoMd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts