Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled a frame of fresh beeswax and honey from the third story of my hive and dropped it in my obs hive for a school presentation tomorrow. I was admiring them when who should walk by but the queen!!

So will the girls back home miss the queen enough that I need to put her back right this minute (even though the sun is setting and it's starting to sprinkle...sigh) or will they forgive me for taking her for 24 hours?

A week ago, I had a dream that I looked in my obs hive and all the bees were dead at the bottom with the queen right there on top. And now she's really in there... weird.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
24 hours is fine just be real careful moving the ob around. if it was me, id put her back. good luck,mike

·
Registered
180 Posts
I wouldn't worry about taking the queen for that long. We have carried an observation hive to craft shows for the past 4 years and always make sure we have the queen to show people. We have had her away from the hive for 2-3 days with no problems. The only time we had problems was taking her for a 5 day period.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts