Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a small hobby beekeeper - i typically sell my honey via word of mouth and classified ads at work which has worked very well in the past.

I have a prior customer who moved, and would like to have some honey shipped to him. We are talking two 2 lb bottles here. As luck would have it, I am out of plastic squeeze bottles. I'd also prefer not to order another case of plastic empties and repack some of the honey.

Does anyone have any suggestions on shipping glass bottles? My best option looks to be a priority mail box stuffed full of bubble wrap. I also thought I would put a ziploc bag around each bottle to contain any potential spill.

Any suggestions? Or is this a fool's errand, and I should just buy more plastic bottles?

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
My best option looks to be a priority mail box stuffed full of bubble wrap. I also thought I would put a ziploc bag around each bottle to contain any potential spill.
That probably is the best you can do, I mailed 2 - 1 1/2 plastic skep bottles about the same way in the priority box.
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts