1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
That doesnt even sound " safe" legal etc

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Well, it depends on whether it will be used inside or outside of the hive in regards to it's legality, I would think. Definitely needs to be in a bee-proof enclosure.

Which termite poison are you speaking of, dphillipm? Remember that anything used in a beehive that isn't approved for use in a beehive is considered an "off label use" and isn't "legal".

Seriously, full sun, strong colonies, and oil traps seem to be the best answer to shb.

Best wishes,
Ed

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it depends on whether it will be used inside or outside of the hive in regards to it's legality, I would think. Definitely needs to be in a bee-proof enclosure.

Which termite poison are you speaking of, dphillipm? Remember that anything used in a beehive that isn't approved for use in a beehive is considered an "off label use" and isn't "legal".

Seriously, full sun, strong colonies, and oil traps seem to be the best answer to shb.

Best wishes,
Ed
Im making sure my bees can't get to the poison. But getting into. A hot hive right now ,and my truck is running with the AC on high so I can run back ,and smash the hell out of my bees that are trying to kill me. The AC seems to slow them down where killing is easy. Some people would say than is wrong,but I don't care what they think. It is my bees,and if they sting they die.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
you must be special if you don't enjoy smashing a bee that just put the sting to you. Well I must really be a mean beekeeper because I will also kill their beloved queen.
If they are mean enough, I'll sure kill their queen...

·
Registered
327 Posts
you must be special if you don't enjoy smashing a bee that just put the sting to you. Well I must really be a mean beekeeper because I will also kill their beloved queen.
It comes with the territory - getting stung. Yes, replace the queen. But there's no need to get angry with them. Where's your full suit?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To some of you bleeding hearts. I will share with you a experance that just happen. I'm trying to get my hives on a trailer to be moved after sun down . I had a few bees trying to sting me. I just walked back to my truck,and let the window stay down until those guard bees were inside. I then rolled up the window,and eliminated them. Sorry if this hurts your bee loving heart,but after that I loaded the hives without a bee suit.

·
Registered
683 Posts
To some of you bleeding hearts. I will share with you a experance that just happen. I'm trying to get my hives on a trailer to be moved after sun down . I had a few bees trying to sting me. I just walked back to my truck,and let the window stay down until those guard bees were inside. I then rolled up the window,and eliminated them. Sorry if this hurts your bee loving heart,but after that I loaded the hives without a bee suit.
I don't think anyone posting here's a bleeding heart, I just don't make it a habit of killing my queen bees for no reason, otherwise i'd have no bees.

Swatting them releases alarm pheromone which just makes the others want to attack you, so the things you are doing don't make sense.

Run a hose from the exhaust of the truck to the hive. That ought to do it.
How bout right into the cab of the truck?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts