Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those not familiar with the trade name. It is Shad Sullivan a very large beek in California. I ordered a couple of packages with VSH/SMR queens from him this week. Curious if others have used him in the past?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Went up and checked out Shad's operation very up to date outfit, looking to get early queens from him, nice friendly guy and he is a decent sized beek he made the comment that he has 15,000 hives:applause: i'm curious to see how his queens do.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think I saw somewhere they sell Australian package bees. But, ad in Jan ABJ page 34 says "All queen and drone stock from Glenn Apiaries-Calif."

·
Registered
16 Posts
he get's his breeder queens from glenn and selects drone mothers from his hives and places the mateing nuc's in isolated locations, the packaged bee's come from browns in austraila.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have been trying for a 2 week now left a message 6-7 time and no one calls me back Im calling the ## in the ABJ add. can some one help? would like to get some queen from them but not to impressed with the customer service.
Lee

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got my 2 packages. Great service, nice phone call to tell me they were on the way. Both arrived healthy and appear strong. Very gentle bees so far. Will use them again in the future.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The packages I got in April developed quite well... queens were vigorous and laid well. Mite counts were zero on both hives even though they were in a yard with Italians which needed treatment. All-in-all a good buy, especially for you west coast beeks. Highly recommended.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts