Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never ordered from here before, but they have really good prices for bees -- and an option for a very cheap shipping with USPS.

I ordered two packages a few days ago, and have tried to email/contact them a few times now.

I realize they might be really busy, just wondered if anyone had any dealings with them? Not posting the web link since I'm not sure if that's okay. And not complaining, just a little concerned ... want to make sure they got my order okay and all.

Anyone know about them? ( they're very easy to google )

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
5 years ago or so, I ordered some packages from Shad [owner of Shamrock]. Communication was not the best but the bees arrived on the date agreed on. Last spring I got some queens from him. Again, contact was problematic but the bees arrived on the date specified. I think they get very busy and can't answer all the phone calls and are unable to respond to every email in a timely manner. I will say all of the bees I have received from them are top notch.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I just ordered from them for the first time in January. I heard back from them in February, regarding an unfinalized order from January. Contacted them in early March when my hive went queenless to see if they would ship my queen order early. They agreed to give it a try, although it was still pretty cold in the middle of the USA. Got too cold for the queens somewhere along the way, and they died enroute.

Shamrocksbees was very good about agreeing to ship them again, at their expense. Those arrived barely alive so they agreed to ship them a 3rd time. Just got the order this past Tues. Only one of the two queens were alive, but I decided that they had done enough to fulfill my order. I think my troubles might be with my UPS man. I could see the orders went on a truck for delivery at 7:30am, but I didn't get them until 3:30pm. That's a long time on an unheated truck. I think my next order from them will be to my office, which gets delivery at 10:30.

But yes, I would order from them again. And yes, they are very busy this time of year. Try the phone number on their website until you get someone to pickup. Angie is very nice to deal with.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that eases my mind a lot, I feel a lot more confident now.

Anyone wanting packages still might want to check them out, the prices are great and the shipping option is really nice, for those of us with limited bucks!

·
Registered
652 Posts
You should always do the office/hub pickup for anything fragile or alive at UPS.. being delivered at 3:30 means that box is somewhere near the middle/back and the driver probably doesn't know it is there until after lunch. they generally don't have the ability to go off course to make special deliveries (unless you just happened to be near someone getting a next day air)

anyway.. figure out how to have it held at the office and go get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts