Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name's Joe. I have a question. I want to send Honey that I got from my hives this year to some friends in Texas, California, Arizona, Florida, New Jersey, and New York. I have NO labels on my jars of honey. Does anyone know if there are any laws pertaining to sending Honey across state lines as a gift with NO labels on the jars of Honey? Or does anyone know who I can call or email to ask this question? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Ever sent homemade anything to family and friends for Christmas? Same rules apply. No label required as long as you are not selling the product. Note: Avoid sending glass jars of honey. Plastic ships much better and won't be a mess on the other end. Still doesn't hurt to zip lock bag it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
ditto Palmer. Sending homemade wine or other such drinks runs into specific laws, but not cookies, brownies, or honey. Honey doesn't have the issue with spreading disease like live bees or comb does.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Plastic ships much better and won't be a mess on the other end. Still doesn't hurt to zip lock bag it.
Also when sending plastic, I put tape on the lid, because I had a few pop their tops in the mail:eek:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sent my brother dark and light honey in two jars. Sent them in separate plastic bags and snuggled in tight bubble wrap. The ziplocks were deflated against the jars and the one that opened was saved. Great idea to tape the lids on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts