Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up taking some honey off last week when I did a reversal , the bottom wasn't empty like expected instead about 80 % honey and one frame of brood .The top was all brood , I was trying to take a deep out and replace with a medium and eventually go all medium . I didn't have anywhere to put all the deep frames so not wanting to remove any brood I took the honey .

Anyway my question is , would it be considered unethical to sell this honey that was on all winter for any reason , it was nice fully capped comb , and has a very nice flavor .

Registered
Unless that capped honey is stored sugar from feeding, it is wonderful fresh honey and very salable or giftable. Don't say a word about when it came out. People don't know or care and let the product speak for itself.

Registered
Since it is last years honey, I recommend selling it at a huge discount - say 70-80% off.
Need my address for shipping? :)

Seriously though - did you treat last Fall? If there's a chance that the honey contains medication, I'd re-think selling it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.