Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up taking some honey off last week when I did a reversal , the bottom wasn't empty like expected instead about 80 % honey and one frame of brood .The top was all brood , I was trying to take a deep out and replace with a medium and eventually go all medium . I didn't have anywhere to put all the deep frames so not wanting to remove any brood I took the honey .

Anyway my question is , would it be considered unethical to sell this honey that was on all winter for any reason , it was nice fully capped comb , and has a very nice flavor .

Registered
Honey doesn't go bad, unless it's been exposed to water (as far as I know) ... they found honey sealed in Egyptian tombs from hundreds of years ago that is still perfectly good (albeit fully crystallized!).

Registered
don't see why it would be unethical, I still have 10 5 gallon buckets of honey I extracted last fall. what difference does it make where it was stored?

Registered
Unless that capped honey is stored sugar from feeding, it is wonderful fresh honey and very salable or giftable. Don't say a word about when it came out. People don't know or care and let the product speak for itself.

Registered
You are always selling last years honey. To keep your regular customers all year you need to sell last years honey until you get this years honey.

Registered
Since it is last years honey, I recommend selling it at a huge discount - say 70-80% off.
Need my address for shipping? :)

Seriously though - did you treat last Fall? If there's a chance that the honey contains medication, I'd re-think selling it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts