Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured we could post what we have for trade here as seeds or small plants.

I am looking for a flowering plant called spider plant/flower. It has thorns on the stalks, pot shaped leaves, is an annual and has white and pink/purple flowers. bees seem to like it.

I am also looking for anything else that is pretty and the bees love. PM me please

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
The plant you are looking for is Cleome/Spider Flower (Cleome Hasslerana) with the two cultivars Queen(pink, rose, violet, white or mixed) and Cambell(white). The seeds can commonly be purchased at gardening stores and the bees love the flowers.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Re: I found where my bees are foraging!

I was walking around my neighborhood and saw a bunch of flying insects were working the large stands of cleome in a neighbors front yard. From the street I could see the bumblebees but when I ventured closer down their sidewalk I saw the plants were just humming with bees. I thought I "owe someone a jar of honey when I get some" but am afraid if I do that and they are upset about the bees it won't end well despite the neighborly gesture. Anyone know if they are working it for pollen or nectar?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts