Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first swarm a couple of weeks ago was the swarm from hell. The owner had tried several "methods" to get them to leave before calling me, but failed to tell me this. So cranky bees=stings for me. Got my second call Tuesday and the lady told me they were about 6' up in a tree and had only been there an hour or two. When I got there the bees were in a bush not a tree and were well protected by criss-crossing limbs (lesson #2...always bring the bee-vac). But with patience and some selective pruning I eventually managed to get them boxed up. The bees were extremely calm the whole time. I got them setup at home but left the entrance blocked until Thursday morning. When I removed the screen from the entrance I could see a few dead bees inside on the SBB, I put in the entrance reducer and watched for a bit. Bees immediately began coming and going and within a few minutes they were pulling out the dead bees, so I am hoping this is a good sign of being very hygenic.

http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz110/shiatt74/?action=view&current=bees024.jpg

Blueline

·
Registered
507 Posts
Congratulations and thnx for the pic. That swarm was very well protected by all the branches. I see what you mean about the bee vac. Glad you got this swarm.:applause:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts