Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I noticed an unusual amount of bees wanting to get into my house. Well, bouncing off my screens. I thought there may have been a swarm or something right outside, but it seemed to be they were trying to get in several windows. Not a lot, but several were checking out several different screens, an amount I thought was strange. Today I had a swarm. Were these potentially scout bees from the hive that swarmed? It would be interesting in the future as a swarm predictor. Today I've seen no bees checking out my house.

I knew I should've split last week!

·
Registered
348 Posts
When I hived my first and only package, while the bees were going on orientation flights, there were a couple bees trying to get in the windows. I think this behavior may be caused by an increase in bees on their orientation flights.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I hived my first and only package, while the bees were going on orientation flights, there were a couple bees trying to get in the windows. I think this behavior may be caused by an increase in bees on their orientation flights.
I don't think so. My bees do orientation flights every day, but never seen this behavior with them searching a bunch windows to get into my house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts