Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was at the mall in Atlanta, Ga. I went ahead and splurged on the $18 bottle of Tupelo honey from The Savannah Bee Company. Wow!! What a nice tasting honey...it is by far the best Tupelo I have ever had. Sometimes I really wonder what makes the honey in some areas better than others and is it the beekeeper's management of the hives that make the honey or is it the bees??? Or none of the above and perhaps the environment? Oh well, it sure is good. I like this cool bottle.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
There's not much beekeepers can do to improve the taste of honey. However, there is a lot they can do to degrade it -- overheat it, bottle it wet, etc.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a serious distinctive flavor in this particular honey brand...I swear its like wine tasting, LOL!! It really has a rich flavor that seems to be lacking in other Tupelo honey's that I've had in the past. Who know's....maybe I've been up here in NC too long eating this sourwood honey!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Could be the area the trees are grown. I guess it's kinda like why you can't get good maple syrup except from New England grown maple trees. David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts