Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our last significant rainfall was in November 2013, but our mesquite came into bloom, as expected, right on time 15 April 2014. That didn't seem to matter much, this year the bees are ignoring the mesquite and going for the saguaro, instead. Usually, when the mesquite is in bloom, the bees cover those trees and make them hum from sunup to sundown. But this year, no matter how long or often I look, I find it difficult to find a single bee on mesquite anywhere in my vicinity. However, the saguaro flowers are covered with them. I have heard people say that the saguaro are blooming like they've never bloomed, before. And that's probably true, I've never seen so many of them covered with so many flowers and buds, ever before. Either way, the saguaro flow seems every bit as strong as the mesquite flow usually is. I only wish the bees found them both equally attractive, so I could get twice the flow. But it is, after all, nature, and something always wins, while everything else takes a back seat.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
A few pictures would be nice..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts