Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some incredibly sad news. I just got off the phone the phone with Jean Samples, Bill's wife. She just informed me that Bill (Honeymoon Apiaries, maker of the Ultra Breeze) passed away last Monday June 7th from a heart attack. Bill's sister in law is there helping sort everything out. They are planning on fulfilling all orders or a possible refund. I was totaly shocked when she told me that Bill passed away. He was only 52 years of age. Let our hearts and prayers go out to Bill's family during these trying times. God Bless.
Big T

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
This is indeed sad news. My prayers will be going out to his family, but it is my hope that he is at the right hand side of the thrown of Jesus the Christ. I have always been impressed with his work ethic. I knew that something had to be going on when he was so far behind.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Bill lived in the same town that I live in and was a member of our local beekeeping association. I had the pleasure of knowing him in person. He was a very good guy to know. Really smart guy and very helpful. I met his son once, and he was in high school, so this must be difficult for him.

Somehow, I did not hear about this until today. This is really terrible news.

Neil

·
Vendor
341 Posts
Our thoughts are with his family. Bill was a hard worker and a friendly soul. We will cherish our time with him and all that he contributed to our community. He will be missed.

I think of a thread Bill and I shared about Paul Younger (inventor of the Younger "vapor" smoker) just a little over a year ago, not long after he passed in his early '50's. Its just another reminder how precious life is. Like these men, we all work hard at our earthly endeavors, but they are only of this world. What truly amounts to anything of worth, is the love we leave behind and the passion we inspire in others.

We were fortunate to know Bill "magnet-man" Samples.

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
This really is sad. Bill sent me some stuff several years back including a bunch of magnets. :) My youngest had a ball playing with those things. They ended up everwhere, including the vacuum cleaner and garbage disposal.

What a nice person. What a loss.

I hope someone tells the bees.

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
Time to reflect on what he left us all with. It's a lot. Godspeed....

·
Premium Member
12,000 Posts
When a family member or friend dies, it really puts a fine point on our own mortality. Bill was only one month younger than me. He was a part of our community for nearly six years. I have an ache in my heart for having lost our second member in the last few weeks. My condolences to his wife and family.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I am really sorry to hear this. I really liked Bill a lot! My condolences to his family.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
His passing will make me value the fine bee suit I bought from him all the more..My families prayers go out to his family..God Bless:(.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
My prayers and condolances to his family. I enjoyed his comments and was preparing to purchase one of his suits. I had emailed him about 2 weeks ago and never got a reply............guess that's why......truly sad. :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts