Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26, Medium Frames, Mostly 5/5's
124 Posts
I like Rusty - I read his stuff often.

Where I disagree - particularly in my case, I read (as in present-tense) everything, watch everything, talk about everything and try to dialog with other beekeepers.

Still haven't told anybody how they should be keeping their bees either.

But, nice passive aggressive post.

Why is it in the TF forum?

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
But you "like Rusty - I read his stuff often. "
It is kinda obvious she is SHE. LOL
Whatever Greg. Don't be a troll. It's an honest mistake. Though because I have such a vested interest in earning your adoration - I have decided I will fabricate a lie that I read her stuff often. I have two friends named Rusty - both males. I read Rusty - I think some dude in a Trump hat sipping a Coors. Like you have no predispositions...give me a break.

You guys are just downright incorrigible.

So - date of the initial post here was oh...this morning...

and my phone browser history...

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Technology Darkness

·
Registered
124 Posts
How often is often @GregB ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I thought I'd just keep going - I've updated our clubs reading library. These are just the physical copies of books I've read, now available to indoctrinate others should they choose. I'm still reading - actively reading the Keeping Bees with a Smile Book.

Open to suggestions to help the library benefit new beekeepers....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Welcome, James.

It would have been better if Greg had pointed out your error privately, I suppose. But Greg is pretty direct, so there it is.

A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense. Proverbs 19:11

Enjoy your bees

Jon

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
That's funny...............quoting the Bible in one post and drinking beer in the next!

Reactions: Gray Goose

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
It's easy to be humble around JWChesnut, he's probably forgotten more about beekeeping than I'll ever know. He's been at it since he was a kid, and I think he's only a few years older than me. I'll never catch up, it is a privilege and an honor to know him.

It does not shock me that he laments about 2nd / 3rd year beek's with Dunning - Kruger Effect. I am constantly warned about that very tendency in 200 hour pilots by my flying buddies. Let me tell you, it's easy to be humble around a 30,000 hour pilot! That's 3-1/2 years off the deck. It can get funny when a total newb spews garbage about Treatment-Free beekeeping.

Years do count differently for some than others. Someone who has 1 to 3 hives and keeps losing all his bees DOES have some experience, but not like someone who goes out and builds 50 hives & 20 nuc's his first year, makes a bee vacuum, a solar wax melter, raises queens from his 2nd year on, reads 60 books in 2 years, attends bee meetings at a dozen different clubs, and joins beesource.

The second guy knows what foulbrood smells like, how to monitor mites, is beginning to be locally adapted, the first guy probably does not.

It should be getting your hands dirty that builds confidence - the real kind of confidence that comes from experience - rather than reading a "For Dummies" book and watching youtube videos. Not that "For Dummies" hasn't latched onto some excellent authors, and youtube certainly does not hurt. But you got'ta start DOING it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts