Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Barry- That my favorite plant, blooms well into Sept. Got 2 plants also in my backyard, and you are right it hosts more
than one type of pollinator.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
We should show that to our bees. Our Russian sage is lonely. Neither the honeybees nor the bumbles are working it. We are bewildered.

·
Premium Member
12,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here are a couple more I took.

Image 1

Image 2
Image 3

Teal, I used my little compact camera. Canon Power Shot SD750 :)

It's tough getting a good one on the Russian Sage as the bees only spend about 2-3 seconds on the flower. A lot of blurred ones to get a sharp one.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Barry, on Tuesday we attended “Beekeeping Through the Camera Lens” with Simon Croson of the Aritisan Honey Company, held at George Mason University.

http://www.sicroson.com/Sicroson.com/Home.html

He uses an Olympus DSLR and also a pocket compact. He has won international photo competitions. And frankly, I think you could give him a run for his money. Nice!

Or maybe it is just the photogenic subject you chose ... I was just out back with a Nikon doing macro shots of dead drone larvae and varroa mites. Gonna be a while before I get my appetite back.

My wife has a Canon Power Shot. I need to show her what it can do.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Mexican Sage is a good plant here in Alabama. It blooms late August until frost usually. Russian sage wouldn't grow for me for some reason. Great pictures Barry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts