Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the opposite of "honey bee democracy" looks like.
They always liked a "strong leader" idea somehow - otherwise they tend to fall into anarchy - the nations indeed have the national traits, like it or not.
Democracy is not for everyone.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
As I understand it that isn't guaranteed. He will have to seek the extra two terms. He will be 84 in 2036, and a lot of factors, including health, could affect whether he actually seeks, and gets, the two more terms. I think that if his health holds he will be.

On the other hand, when I look at our own last 9 US presidencies, I wonder if we wouldn't be better off with a single term six year president :scratch: for multiple reasons.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Democracy is not for everyone.

oddly I agree and disagree.

the folks who vote them selves a bigger and bigger slice of the pie, abuse it.

the folks that beat into the people that they cannot rule them selves, are not much better.

If we had true democracy, where the responsibilities were taught in school , effort by all was expected, I am of the opinion in several generation it would work well.

in every case so far in a couple hundred years the power is slowly usurped from the people one way or another.
there seems always to be a few who are convinced they know more than the commoners and should therefore rule.

most folks are non confrontational, maybe its like TF genetics. those that were not good at following were "removed" hard bond, hard labor, or the bullet, the docile remained to keep repopulating.

Oddly I am not a follower, nor do I wish to lead. I would just rather do my own thing and not be responsible for others, and not be expected to kowtow.

As I am not a globalist, so he can lead, sometime the devil you know is better then the "who is next"

And yes term limits need a good look, some of these folks who can barley speak or walk should not be leading. with 300 million people, 1 person doing 4 or 5 terms is not optimal for gathering very inclusive and rounded thought, as well tends toward corruption.

GG

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Democracy is not for everyone........

most folks are non confrontational, maybe its like TF genetics. those that were not good at following were "removed" hard bond, hard labor, or the bullet, the docile remained to keep repopulating........

GG
Well put GG.

Beekeeping crowd is a small but good sample to study and model societal things.

LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts