Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone used, bought, or had any experience with the Rotoblast H- 1000 extractor by King? It comes with a stand and has all steel cranking mechanisim, is stainless steel every where the frame or honey touches. It only slings 2 frames at a time, but @ $309.00 with no shipping it seems to be a good buy for the money!! Any input appreciated.
Brent Cook, Valleyman.

www.kinghoney.com

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Obviously no one knows about this one. I would like for some to look at it on the website and give me their opinions. Machinery and steel I know about, but know next to nothing about extractors.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Manual non-reversable 2-frame extractor with metal gears. A hive or 6 and you're in business. It looks to be of reasonable quality. You'll quickly outgrow this if you get more hives than that. I've got an old Kelly 2 frame reversable and 12 hives. It was no problem until this years extraction. Now I know I need something larger.

I'm not sure where it's actually made though. By the name of the company (King, North America) and the fact it doesn't actually say where it's made I get an Asia vibe as to where it's produced.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Hey Valleymann I just got the Mann Lake newsletter and they have a 6 frame kit for $349.00 new. Its a 6 shallow frame, 3 medium frame extractor. Heres the link:

http://www.mannlakeltd.com/infopage.asp?idPage=86

OH, BigBearOmaha is selling the SAF 9 frame Radial for $400.00 on his website. I like mine. makes quick work of'em

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Brush Mountain one from Bigbear seems like like the best buy I've seen.
THANKS everyone.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I thunk so, so I bought one.....love it. Coulda gotten the motorized one but isnt that why i have kids?

·
Banned
840 Posts
Coulda gotten the motorized one but isnt that why i have kids?
For that and for pushing my still very functional push reel mower. heh heh heh.

Big Bear

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
$309 for an extractor that only does two frames, one side at a time is a lot of money spent for little work done. I spent $375 for my 6 frame radial. Better deals are out there for the money or just a little bit more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts