Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would Rossman Apiaries send me a Dadant Smoker? I know its a weird question , but I opened my package today and low and behold there is a dadant smoker. Not that it matters. It just struck me as strange.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Why would Rossman Apiaries send me a Dadant Smoker? I know its a weird question , but I opened my package today and low and behold there is a dadant smoker. Not that it matters. It just struck me as strange.
Do you buy lots of queens from them? Rossman sells queens and packages, right?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wonder if they are a distributor for Dadant? I know they sell queens and packages, and make their own woodenware but other items I have noticed appear similar as well

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
Rossman Apiaries may be a Dadant dealer.

Rossman also sells Dadant extractors and Western Bee smoker fuel. Western Bee is reportedly owned by Dadant.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Rossman sells queens and packages, right?

they do sell package bees and queens, but like everywhere else packages are sold out and queens are booked up till may.

my smoker came from rossman but, it didn't say Dadant anywhere on it. it's been a great smoker though whoever made it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Rossman's specializes in things like package bees and cypress woodenware. To fill in gaps they resell products manufactured by others. Dadant reportedly make the best smoker.

I bought my first hive kit from Rossman's and will use them for other specialized items I can;t get elsewhere.

Tom

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use Rossman all the time. When I first started they were very helpful. Their woodenware has always been good that I bought. I'll keep using them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts