Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any use for rosemary essential oil in beekeeping?

I ordered some essential oils online and the order was a bit fouled up, I got 4 oz rosemary instead of wintergreen, they told me to keep it and they would send the correct thing, however I’m not aware of any real practical use for it. I figured I may be able to use it as a general purpose scent masker, much as some people use peppermint, anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually got spearmint and lemon grass oil specifically to make a HBH like formula; in fact it is cooling off in the kitchen as I write this. I wanted the wintergreen for the grease patties, but ended up with rosemary instead (and a 4 oz of gingerbread candle/soap fragrance too) by mistake of the shipper.

So soon I will have wintergreen, lemon grass, spearmint and finally the rosemary, which I as of yet have no use for.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you can't find a use for Rosemary in the beehive, try Rosemary with some Peppermint for a nice long hot bath after a very long day working the bees...its great for those sore muscles, LOL!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cyndi As nice as an idea as that would be, I'm afraid I only have the one hive, and have not yet been able to put in the kind of hours that could excuse such a bath. Though I'll try anyhow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts