Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice

The roofers are coming on Monday. It is supposed to be 4 days work.
The bees are pretty cold hardy, flying at 42 degrees on up.

The bees are right next to the house.

The roofers will be banging.

I need to keep the bees from stinging them.

I can't lift 180 pounds so I would have to open the hives to move them.

Should I move them or should I cover them with a wet sheet for 4 days?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Unless the bees are on the roof, I don't see the problem. Tell the roofers not to throw the project waste down on the hives. (if they have to throw stuff off in the area where the bees are, protect the hives with sheets of plywood leaned over - but not touching - them and against the side wall of the house.)

Banging on roof with hammers and tools will not enrage the bees into attacking the roofers. Hammering on the beehives will annoy them, however.

Nancy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless the bees are on the roof, I don't see the problem. Tell the roofers not to throw the project waste down on the hives. (if they have to throw stuff off in the area where the bees are, protect the hives with sheets of plywood leaned over - but not touching - them and against the side wall of the house.)

Banging on roof with hammers and tools will not enrage the bees into attacking the roofers. Hammering on the beehives will annoy them, however.

Nancy
Hi
They are flying up and over the roof. I'm not sure where they are going but there is something "over there."
I think I will use the screen idea.
Cathy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts