Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a robber screen is installed I assume the bee's will need to re-orientate? If how long will this upset the normal flow of things?

Thanks
Greg

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
>If how long will this upset the normal flow of things?

If you put it on at night, the local residents will quickly figure it out. Things should be fairly normal be the end of the first day. If you don't put it on night (which might actually be a better plan) then remove it after dark and let all the ones outside in, then put it back on. The next morning they will notice that it was complicated getting out, and take note.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MB, will get it on tomorrow during my weekly inspection and remove it after dark then put it back on.

Greg

·
Registered
638 Posts
Not sure that mine EVER figured it out. I think it was more by accident that a few found the hole up n over in the corner. Only had to have it on for a few days anyway. I do know this. I will put one on every split I ever make in the future. For whatever reason the other bees sense that this is a weak new hive and will rob the heck out of it the first few days...or at least in my limited expierence it has been the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts