Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything is popping right now - dandelions, fruits, crabapples, etc., and the bees are happy. Swarm season is also in full swing. I got 2 calls Friday and one yesterday for swarms and also did a removal yesterday morning. Not too shabby for the bees and beeks.

That is all.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It is nice in Colorado right now.
Our apples tree are just finishing up. Unfortunately they were at their peak when the weather was cold and the winds exceeded 20 mph. But today is gorgeous with the cherry trees in full bloom. There's also lots of dandelions and loads of some purple weed blooming. The cherry trees are directly over the hives and the trees are humming.
I've seen a number of native bees out as well as honey bees. There are large bumble queens and tiny little bees in the weeds.

·
Registered
133 Posts
45 degrees and raining hard all day, still bad weather. is spring ever going to come?
What spring? If we had one, it's about over. With half of our normal rain, the wild flowers are about done. Blackberries most likely will have no nectar flow again. The best I can hope for is a little starthistle in July. I'll feed till next spring at this point, and pray the buckeye doesn't do too much damage.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
!00% agreed........ In the spring anyone can be a beekeeper. Things are cranking like no ones business. The bees blow through just about all the problems currently on the plate baring cold weather. On the other hand....... Its on Christmas day each year ( or a month or two later depending on your location) when you determine whether your DO count exceeds the live count that the men and the wanna bees are separated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts