Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you reuse your drawn honey frames ? i discovered that apparently roaches have gotten in to some of them. shoule i just cut the comb out or try them when the flow hits ? such a bumout when u go through the effort to store them in a way that you think would be full proof and also went through cycles with them to get them through the freezer. im hoping they would be ok...but, if i need to give up on them let me know.

·
Registered
103 Posts
How have you been storing them? I plan to keep mine in a freezer after they are used for the season

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
So ****roached destroyed the combs? That is a new one on me. Living up here in the still frozen ground in the shade north feels better and better.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I reuse mine, but roaches have never got into them. I might reconsider if they did:D How bad are they?, (pics ?), out of curiosity, & learning curve, where were they stored?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm assuming roaches since they get on to a lot of things stored in our barn. We live out in the country and the ****roach naturally is a brush bug and hard to get rid of in out buildings. Simple in our house though.it's definitely not mouse or rodent damage. I can spot that as well.

I actually just saw a fat bemoan video and he said to cut it out. He said the bees won't use it because of any roach wastes.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I've had bees since 1965 and have never seen roaches in my stored supers, i've had ants get in them. Must of had a gap in the stack where they got in? I store mine in a shed and put a lid on the bottom and top of the stack and if i see a gap i put masking tape on them. I also treat my drawn comb with bt, but i don't think that would stop roaches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts