Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How are guys holding up? Are there any difficulties you are experiencing like getting resources or whatnot? Do you think the pandemic will end any sooner. We are nearing 2021 and there is still no clarity as to when this will all be over.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Speaking as a nurse who works with covid daily in a hospital, I don't expect this to end until next summer. Hopefully one or more of the vaccines will prove effective and safe. Then, getting a large % of the population to take the vaccine will take time.

I have been saying that I expect this winter to be very harsh, with very high covid numbers. People are social and it is nearly impossible to keep them far enough apart to prevent transmission. I am a loner and have no problem staying home and seeing no one but my wife for weeks on end, but most people are not like that. My wife could easily catch it from me if I pick it up at work, since I am exposed every time I go to work. So her isolating herself hardly helps anything.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This year has been a mess. In addition to Covid, I am also relatively close (within 30 miles) of the Cameron Peak fire (200K+ acres) and that messed with the ability to do a lot of stuff outside for 2 months. Not really being able to go out hiking for 2 months while being stuck at home has not been great

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speaking as a nurse who works with covid daily in a hospital, I don't expect this to end until next summer. Hopefully one or more of the vaccines will prove effective and safe. Then, getting a large % of the population to take the vaccine will take time.

I have been saying that I expect this winter to be very harsh, with very high covid numbers. People are social and it is nearly impossible to keep them far enough apart to prevent transmission. I am a loner and have no problem staying home and seeing no one but my wife for weeks on end, but most people are not like that. My wife could easily catch it from me if I pick it up at work, since I am exposed every time I go to work. So her isolating herself hardly helps anything.
First off, thank you for your service. I salute all the frontliners who are going out of their way to help with this global pandemic. That is sad that no matter how careful your wife is, she can still catch it from you.

I've read an article about how to help frontliners. I mean. it's the least we can do. How To Make Life Easier For Frontline Workers During A Pandemic – Operation Shower of Appreciation

I hope it really ends next year because any further than that is the beginning of the end of sanity for most.

This year has been a mess. In addition to Covid, I am also relatively close (within 30 miles) of the Cameron Peak fire (200K+ acres) and that messed with the ability to do a lot of stuff outside for 2 months. Not really being able to go out hiking for 2 months while being stuck at home has not been great
That is just distressing. For how many months have we been on lockdown? This is just too long especially for people who are used to going outside.

As horrible as it sounds, I have a feeling we're going to be stuck for a long time unless we decide to take the risk of getting the virus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts