Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday I pulled a honey super from a dead-out at another person's property, and brought it home. It had some ants in it so I didn't want to bring it in my garage. So I set it on it's side in front of the closed garage door.

I have a hive in my back yard along the tree line. My wife called me today and said there was a steady stream of about 20 bees at a time coming and going from that upended super. Aparently there were still a few frames w/ honey and crystalized honey in them. I watched the bees leaving the super, and they flew around the side of the garage and back into my hive!

I should have realized that they would find the super; I just was surprised at their resourcefulness, as it was on the other side of the house.

I love my bees! :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Chrissy -

I know the feeling. When I was feeding sugar syrup to my hives over the last couple of months I would always have some left over...I would pour the leftover into a small bowl and put it on top of an old empty hive about 50 yards from my active hives. I always put grass in the bowl so the bees would have a place to land and not drown. I would go out in the afternoon and see all sorts of bees partaking from the extra bowl of sugar syrup! By the end of the day the bowl was bone dry!

I love my bees too!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts