Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

My current jacket has a common style inverted U shaped zippered veil. It's a great veil when you are looking down, but when catching swarms up in tree the veil falls on your face.

Are most veils interchangeable with most jackets? And does anyone have any recommendations of a good veil for staying on while looking up? I just watched a video and the guy had a chin strap, not sure if he made it or someone sells that.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

·
Registered
108 Posts
That is a fencing style hood. Keep it but wear a baseball hat under it. The brim of the hat will keep the veil off your face.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi everyone

My current jacket has a common style inverted U shaped zippered veil. It's a great veil when you are looking down, but when catching swarms up in tree the veil falls on your face.

Are most veils interchangeable with most jackets? And does anyone have any recommendations of a good veil for staying on while looking up? I just watched a video and the guy had a chin strap, not sure if he made it or someone sells that.

Thanks and Merry Christmas[/QUOTE I'm sure if you ask Mr. ED he'll answer if he added it. I'm not aware if guardian bee apparel has chin straps now or not. I know Jeff Horchoff (Mr. ED) wears that brand sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts