Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

My current jacket has a common style inverted U shaped zippered veil. It's a great veil when you are looking down, but when catching swarms up in tree the veil falls on your face.

Are most veils interchangeable with most jackets? And does anyone have any recommendations of a good veil for staying on while looking up? I just watched a video and the guy had a chin strap, not sure if he made it or someone sells that.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

·
Registered
512 Posts
I use the Mann Lake MV-110 Veil w/Cloth Hat & zipper

https://www.mannlakeltd.com/shop-al...e-gear/hats-and-veils/veil-w-cloth-hat-zipper

It comes with its own complete zipper set so it can be attached to any suit or jacket. The wife sews the bottom part of the zipper to the suit or jacket just outside of the original zipper so that way if I choose, I can go back to using the original fencer's hood veil or zip on the MUCH more superior MV-110 which affords much better visibility, is much cooler to wear in hot weather, is MUCH stronger and nearly impossible to tear, and prevents getting stung on the nose and chin. I have these sewn on all of my bee suits and jackets.

They cost a good bit more but are worth every penny in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts