Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older 20 frame lega extractor with and Eloba motor. In the course of taking it apart to replace the spring pins, I seem to have changed something because it won’t fit back together. This happened once before and then it miraculously self-healed and chose to slide into place (on the 100th try).
Has anyone repaired one of these and know the trick? Or have schematics they could pass on?
Many thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I’ll try that to see if there is a trick to reassembling it.

Spring pins are small (here, about and inch) c shaped metal tubes or pins. When you insert the shaft from the motor into the shaft from the basket spinner, you put the spring pins thru holes in the center to connect the two so the motor shaft turns the spinner.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
have you tried inserting a nail/pin thru the shaft and the collar to get it aligned then pushing the nail back out as you push in the spring pin? This can sometimes make it easier to get everything aligned. Another thing you can do that may make it a bit easier to get the spring pin in is to add a chamfer to the hole in the inner shaft to help guide the spring pin in if there is a slight misalignment.

Does my explanation make sense?

Is this what you are calling a spring pin or is it something else? https://www.grainger.com/product/FABORY-Steel-Coiled-Spring-Pin-41LW25

1 - 7 of 7 Posts