Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed today I have a bunch of little holes in my veil ... i don't really know exactly how they got there, but it's a new suit this year. I have run it through the washing machine a few times (before I read somewhere that you should hand wash the veil part of the suit), so maybe that's the culprit.

At any rate, does anyone know any tricks for how to repair the veil and patch those little holes? I'm talking holes just barely large enough that a bee could squeeze through....

Registered
The washing machine will do it, I wash mine and it come out with holes in it, I'm just going to buy a new veil

Registered
I always use dental floss to repair my cast nets. It's strong, thin and holds a knot well. That's my vote.

Registered
The clear nylon thread will work as well. Hopefully they aren't in your line of sight.

Vendor
Go to the hardware store and buy those nylon/fiberglass screen patches. They are self adhesive and do a great job.............

Registered
I really like the repair I got with that product called GOOP. It is an opaque, viscous material that comes in a tube -originally sold to repair tennis shoes. A tiny amount fills the hole and lets the light in with a minimum loss of visibility. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts