Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

releasing queen into nuc

885 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Robbin
If you make up a nuc, let it set for 2 days, then introduce a queen, can she be direct released or should you leave the queen cage capped a couple days before pulling out the cork?. There is no candy in the end of cage, only corked off.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,162 Posts
If you make up a nuc, let it set for 2 days, then introduce a queen, can she be direct released or should you leave the queen cage capped a couple days before pulling out the cork?. There is no candy in the end of cage, only corked off.
I've had good luck direct releasing queens spraing HBH on the queen and the frame I put her on. I've done this four times, lost one queen right on the spot. Before I could spray her and the frame, a bee attacked her and stung her in the neck and killed her. Now I spray both BEFORE I put her on the frame. I do the same thing if I go back to a cage to see if they've been released, if not, I'll spray HBH and open the cage.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.