Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a general well built coverall/bee suit. Red Kap makes a 8.5 oz twill work coverall in white with a zip front. Does any body have experience using these coveralls as a general work wear around bees? Or should I just spring for an actual bee suit? Years back when I did this my hives were friendly and my current hive seems friendly...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wear those same coveralls with a bee jacket. Since it's been so hot I don't wear the coveralls much. I've never had any problems with them. Just make sure you sew up the side slits that allow you to reach inside. The bees will find those access holes very quick.

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
964 Posts
Not sure what brand they are but Dad brought me a pair of white coveralls from the plants, they still have DOE on the back of them and have lasted very well.

My Mom split the legs up to the knees and put in zippers, put in a zipper up the front to replace the snaps, and a zipper around the neck for a zipper veil.

It is hot to wear but is cooler than the Dadant jacket and hood combo.

It does not matter what brand they are the bees can still sting through them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you do't mind sweating, go to a big box store and get $5 painters overalls.
They hold up fairly good, fairly sting proof and cheep, but dang they are hot!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Once again its been proven, "Misery loves company!" I wear ULTRA BREEZE jacket, Levis tied to my boots and rubber gloves. I've been thinking I'm the only one who is hot and sweaty in my get up (With one sting on finger, swelling slowly going down). In the Youtubes they all look nice and comfortable like they never get stung and they are cool and all.

Fog

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
What's wrong with jeans and an old long sleeved white shirt? turn the collar up, put on hat and veil, and away you go. cheaper too. I generally get stung on my bare hands, rarely on the shirt. Though there are times...but we work with stinging insects, so....
Regards,
Steven

·
Registered
519 Posts
I wear mine over long pants and long sleeve T shirt. Without the Long pants and shirt, bees can sting through them. I have not had any trouble with the bees getting into the side slits. Overall, I love mine. They were like $35 wiith delivery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts